Training for Ro-Ro Drivers
The GlobalSim RoRo simulator is designed to help train novice drivers in a RoRo environment. Many of the basics can be learned in a controlled setting so novice drivers can become familiar with the procedures before they begin driving actual vehicles onto a vessel.
GlobalSim has collaborated with organizations that train RoRo drivers to create the simulator and the software scenarios. The RoRo system has a specialized setup to mimic various different types of vehicles. Dozens of short scenarios are presented to the driver in sequence to help teach skills and protocols that are common in a RoRo setting.
Learn without consequences
Operators learn hand signals and driving practices and routines in a classroom environment before attempting to complete the tasks in a real-life setting where safety and efficiency are critical.
Simulator and Virtual Options
The simulator uses virtual reality technology which provides exceptional realism. Students also have the option train with a VR headset instead of using the flat panel display that’s built onto the simulator.
- Drive onto a vessel in inclement weather
- Drive on the right with a manual or an automatic transmission
- Correctly follow hand signals
- Follow car in a row in a Larger vehicle
- Practice difficult parking scenarios
- Practice procedures to follow if a vehicle has a flat tire
- Park on the top level with low ceiling height
- Procedures to follow when selecting a vehicle
- Vehicle selection scenario
View the RoRo Simulator in Action
Contact us today!
Experience the world's premier simulator training system.